The InBusiness program by LEDC empowers local entrepreneurs with the tools to realize the full business potential of their ideas. We do this by equipping them with the practical business advice and accessible capital needed in launching a startup Venture or expanding an already successful businesses operation.
An alternative to banks for access to capital and business advice under one roof!
Providing accessible capital to entrepreneurs and small business owners.
As a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), LEDC provides alternative micro loan options to start-ups and existing businesses that have difficulty obtaining credit from mainstream financial institutions.
We offer loans ranging from $500 to $250,000 to qualified start-ups and existing businesses. Uses capital include:
- Vehicles & equipment
- Renovation or business expansion
- Working capital
- Hiring additional personnel
- Bridge financing for government grants
- Expansion to new locations
- Business acquisition
Our loan officers are trained to access each transaction beyond traditional credit underwriting guidelines. At LEDC, we believe in the unleashing power of economic fairness and access to opportunity to all.
We strive to understand the full potential of each idea and each entrepreneur behind it. We don’t lend to credit scores, we finance the character of individuals and the reach of their dreams.
Empowering entrepreneurs with business skills for success.
InBusiness advisors provide training workshops and one-on-one coaching. We help launch new enterprises and support existing businesses with business planning, financial projections, and marketing support among others.
LEDC’S In Business team has decades of business experience available to you. Our in-house team of professionals and external consultants provide actionable and practical advice on a wide range of areas, including:
- Business planning & strategy
- Web + Social media presence
- Financial management (personal business)
- Bookkeeping tools including Quickbooks
- Company formation
- Foodservice certifications
- Licensing & permitting (local, state, & federal)
- DC Great Streets grant application
- Marketing & advertising
- Access to capital
- Pricing (product & services)
- Industry-specific topics (construction, cleaning, daycare, and retail)
- Business Advice
With our focused workshops and a personalized business advisor by your side, you will be empowered to strategize around your own ideas and turn them into a successful venture.
Equipping individuals with the tools to take control of their personal finances and credit score.
We will provide you with access to:
- Financial products specifically tailored to improve your personal credit standing
- Knowledge of what goes into a credit score and how it impacts your financial goals