UPDATE: The application period for this grant closed on Monday, May 24, 2021, at 5 PM.
The Montgomery County Small Business Rental Assistance Program will provide grants to small businesses in qualifying industries to support rental costs, both current and arrears rent payments. The grant is intended to mitigate the injury experienced by Montgomery County businesses as a result of the pandemic, especially in light of the extended duration of the hardship.
Please email [email protected] for additional questions.
- FAQs (English) / (Español)
- How to submit an application (English) / (Español)
- Review LEDC's informative presentation slides (English) / (Español)
- Watch LEDC's informational webinars (English) / (Español)
Qualifying businesses can receive up to $10,000 in rental assistance or three months of rent, whichever is less.
- Business must have a physical location(s) only in the county; OR
- County-based locations account for more than 50% of the businesses total number of employees; OR
- County-based locations account for more than 50% of business's gross sales.
- Business must have a commercial lease in the County
- Must have received $500,000 or less in annual revenue prior to COVID-19
- Must be able to demonstrate a revenue loss due to COVID-19
- Art Supply Store
- Cards, Gifts, Party Store
- Clothing/Specialty Apparel Store
- Consignment Shop
- Convenience Store
- Corner Stores
- Dry Cleaner
- Electronics Store
- Flooring Center
- Furniture Store
- Gyms / Yoga, Dance, or Fitness Studios
- Hair Salon / Barbershop
- Hardware Store
- Home Goods
- Manufacturer with On-Site Retail
- Massage Therapy
- Nail Salon
- Pet Supply Store
- Printing & Signage Shop
- Specialty Products (e.g. beads, incense, candles)
- Specialty Retail Store
- Tuxedo/Dress Rental Shop
- Waxing Center
- Veterinary Office
- Auto Repair
NOTE: Restaurants, food service businesses, medical practices, professional services, religious organizations, and daycare businesses are ineligible, per county guidelines.