Montgomery County will provide grants to local businesses directly impacted by the construction of the Purple Line Light Rail Project and have suffered revenue losses during the construction period. LEDC will begin accepting applications starting Wednesday, December 1st at 10 am. The last day to apply is Friday, December 10th at 5 pm.
To be eligible for a grant under the Program, an applicant must:
- Have been established prior to August 1, 2017;
- Be registered and in good standing with the Maryland State Department of Assessments & Taxation (SDAT);
- Suffered revenue loss due to the construction of the Purple Line Light Rail project;
- Have a physical location identified as adjacent to the construction of the Purple Line Light Rail project as determined by the Maryland Transit Administration (MTA).
Applicants will be required to submit the following documents with their application:
- A government-issued ID (e.g., driver's license, passport) for the business owner (or business owner equivalent).
- A completed business W-9. If you do not have a W-9 form, click here to download a template. (https://bit.ly/3xF1oNO)
- A voided check or other documentation to confirm the account and routing number for award disbursement.
Screenshot from Maryland Business Express of Proof of Good Standing.
- Search your business here: https://egov.maryland.gov/BusinessExpress/EntitySearch/Search
- Example: https://bit.ly/3o5zTtI
- No single business may receive more than $5,000 of the grant funds in grant funding under the Program.
Please email email@example.com for additional questions.