The LEDC Food Venture Initiative is a bilingual program for entrepreneurs in the Washington-Baltimore metropolitan area that offers training and useful connections in order to develop, test, and formalize a business idea in the food industry.
Entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to receive valuable training and information from
- Professional Chefs and Restaurant Consultants
- Restaurant Managers
- Restaurant Owners
- Representatives of Shared Kitchens
- Business Coaches
- Small Business Loan Officers
- Representatives of the Health Department
The Program Includes
- 4 Workshops covering topics such as finance, marketing, restaurant operation and licensing
- Food Manager Course and Certification (16 hours)
- One-on-one technical assistance (4 Hours)
- Participation in a tasting event
- Financial literacy (2 Hours) and access to a credit-building loan**
**Credit Building Loan will be given to eligible participants.
Support this initiative
As a Community Based Organization we rely on volunteers and funders to make this project accessible for our communities, if you are interested in knowing more about how to support this program please contact Omar Velasco - [email protected]
Application and Registration TBD
Ideal candidates will be:
- Entrepreneurs looking to start a food business within one year in Washington DC, Maryland or Virginia.
- Entrepreneurs seeking to obtain a food license in DC, Maryland, or Virginia.
- All type of food business projects is welcome. Restaurants, Food Truck, Catering Service