The LEDC Food Venture Initiative is a bilingual program for entrepreneurs in the Washington-Baltimore metropolitan area that offers training and useful connections in order to develop, test and formalize a business idea in the food industry.
Entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to receive valuable training and information from
- Professional Chefs and Restaurant Consultants
- Restaurant Managers
- Restaurant Owners
- Representatives of Shared Kitchens
- Business Coaches
- Small Business Loan Officers
- Representatives of the Health Department
The Program Includes
- 4 Workshops covering topics such as finance, marketing, restaurant operation and licensing
- Food Manager Course and Certification (16 hours)
- One-on-one technical assistance (4 Hours)
- Participation in a tasting event
- Financial literacy (2 Hours) and access to a credit building loan**
**Credit Building Loan will be given to eligible participants.
For more information please contact Omar Velasco - firstname.lastname@example.org - (202) 540-7405
Application and Registration TBD
We are looking for candidates to be a part of our first cohort!
Ideal candidates will be:
- Entrepreneurs looking to start a food business within one year in Washington DC, Maryland or Virginia.
- Entrepreneurs seeking to obtain a food license in DC, Maryland or Virginia.
- All type of food business projects is welcome. Restaurants, Food Truck, Catering Service