Business Owner's Rights and Responsibilities When Hiring Independent Contractors
Join us for a presentation on tax issues specific to small businesses and independent contractors like you. The topics that we will cover include:
- Why giving your employees 1099s is important
- Benefits of providing 1099s to your employees
- Lack of withholding of taxes by employers
- Mileage deductions
- Business deductions
- How to properly substantiate those deductions
- The sequence of IRS letters a taxpayer might receive
- How to respond to those letters and More!
In partnership with: Columbus Community Legal Services
Presented by: Joshua Matthews and Patrick Low, Student Attorneys at the Low Income Taxpayer Clinic at Columbus Community Legal Services.
PLEASE REGISTER BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW TO OBTAIN THE MEETING ID AND PASSWORD.
November 11, 2021 at 7:30pm - 9:30pm