The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is offering the Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA), a program designed by the DC Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) to assist low-income renters who have experienced a loss of income due to COVID-19 with their rental payments.
This assistance can be up to 6 months, depending on when the client's rent default began, until December 31st, 2020. The exact amount of assistance is determined according to the client's Median Family Income (MFI) level, household size, and unit size. Rental payments will be made directly to the landlord/property management company.
For more details, you can visit the DC.gov website here.
Qualifying DC residents must:
- Live in a building of 50 units or less
- Have lived in their building since February 29, 2020
- Not owe rent before April 2020
- Have reduced income due to COVID-19.
- Pass a lead inspection if there are children under 6 years of age (conducted by DHCD).
For more information, email email@example.com.