The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a private, non-profit 50l(c)(3) community development corporation founded in 1991. LEDC's mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low- to moderate-income Latinos and other D.C. area residents by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities.
LEDC is seeking candidates for a Small Business Coach based in Washington, DC. The position will support the Small Business Development team, assist entrepeneurs to start a small business or grow their existing business and lead Food Related Programs.
• Lead Food Related Program, like Food Venture Initiative and Kitchen matching.
• Provide one-on-one advising to aspiring and existing small business owners to help improve their core business skills.
• Identify key problems that clients are unaware their business is facing.
• Underwrite credit building loan applications and provide one-on-one financial literacy to clients
• Help clients navigate the licensing/registration process to start, expand, close, or sell a business.
• Plan and develop training sessions that provide small business coaches with the tools and skills to serve clients successfully.
• Plan and develop group training sessions that provide small business owners with the tools and skills needed to be successful.
• Conduct community outreach to build a strong network of partners and service providers to offer a comprehensive assistance to LEDC’s clients
• Recruit and manage expert consultants, contractors or volunteers that can provide in-depth technical assistance or required services to small business owners.
• Capture client data through intake forms, maintain accurate client records, and collaborate with Program Manager to meet program goals and benchmarks.
• Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly reports for internal and external use.
• Conduct ongoing research about business tools and resources, news that might affect the DC entrepreneurial ecosystem, business licensing, and small business development opportunities.
• Connect clients with other LEDC services and available resources in the DMV.
• Promote LEDC services in different platforms, forums, and events as needed.
• Collaborate with Program Manager in the programmatic planning and execution of SBD programs
• At least 2 years of small business experience with a strong understanding of business functions such as licensing/registration, operations, financial management, and marketing.
• Experience helping clients turn their ideas into a formal business.
• Experience working with diverse population, including minorities and immigrants.
• In-depth knowledge of industries such as construction, child development, cleaning, cosmetology and restaurant/catering.
• Experience developing business plans, financials, and educating entrepreneurs on access to capital.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to build trust with small business clients.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish.
• Ability to multi-task, coordinate several projects simultaneously and prioritize deadlines.
• Bachelor's in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or related field.
• Strong computer skills (Spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Social media, Communication tools).
• Experience running a small business.
• Certified financial counselor
• Knowledge of basic business accounting.
• Knowledge of federal regulations pertaining to small businesses
This is a full-time, 40 hour / week position.
Salary and Benefits:
LEDC offers competitive benefits, including a healthcare plan and 4 weeks of vacation per year.
LEDC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer; women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Please send cover letter and resume to Alexandra Samaniego, [email protected] No phone calls please.
To learn more about LEDC visit www.ledcmetro.org.
LEDC is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. In accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, LEDC takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. LEDC also participates in E-Verify