Position: Small Business Coach – Baltimore
FLSA Status: Exempt Position
Are you passionate about supporting minority and immigrant small business owners? Do you know how to take a business idea to the next level? Do you want to make a difference in your local community?
Since 1991, the Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) has helped thousands of small business owners in the Greater D.C. and Baltimore area realize the full business potential of their ideas. We do this by equipping them with the practical business advice and financial tools. Our mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low-to-moderate income Latinos and other underserved individuals by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities.
LEDC’s Small Business team is seeking a motivated individual with a good understanding of business functions and strong communication skills in English and Spanish. This individual will report to the Program Manager of Small Business Development and will provide one-on-one advising sessions and group trainings to small business owners.
This full-time role is located in our Baltimore office.
LEDC is looking for someone who loves solving problems for small business owners and can share progress and results through compelling stories and data. The ideal candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and is able to work independently.
- Provide one-on-one advising to aspiring and existing small businesses to help improve their core business skills and navigate the licensing/registration process.
- Plan and develop group trainings that provide small business owners with the tools and skills needed to be successful.
- Work with other team members to develop and improve comprehensive training curriculums and presentations.
- Conduct community outreach to build a client base of small business owners for one-on-one advising and group trainings.
- Recruit and manage expert consultants and volunteers that can provide in-depth assistance to small business owners.
- Capture client data through intake forms, maintain accurate client records and collaborate with Program Manager to meet program goals and benchmarks.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for funders.
- 1-2 years of small business experience with a strong understanding of business functions such as licensing/registration, operations, financial management and marketing.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to build trust with small business clients.
- Experience working with diverse populations, including minorities and immigrants.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Available to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Strong desire to be a great teammate and an individual contributor.
- Ability to multi-task, coordinate several projects simultaneously and prioritize deadlines.
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration or related field.
- Experience running a small business.
- Experience using a CRM database.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
- LEDC offers competitive benefits, including a healthcare plan and 4 weeks of vacation per year.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Nicole Jansma, Program Manager of Small Business Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about LEDC, visit www.ledcmetro.org
LEDC is an equal opportunity employer; and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.