The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) equips Latinos and other underserved communities with the skills and financial tools to create a better future for their families and communities. Participants in our programs learn how to build their long-term financial security by buying and staying in their homes, taking control of decisions affecting their apartment buildings, and starting or expanding their small businesses. The entire DC-MD-VA region and Puerto Rico is stronger when all families have the power to achieve financial independence and join with their neighbors to improve their communities.
Essential Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Conduct outreach in targeted business corridors
- Assist small business clients in determining and supporting their technical assistance needs
- Create a pipeline of small business clients for Coach/Liaison
- Capture client information through intake forms, maintain accurate client records through data entry and work with Program Manager to track progress on goals
- Demonstrated ability to relate and communicate with people from a broad range of socioeconomic backgrounds, formal education levels, cultures, etc.
- Coordinate with local service organizations and stakeholders
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends, as needed
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Self-motivated team player
- Ability to handle a heavy caseload, in an optimistic manner
Education and Experience Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business preferred
- One on one small business coaching experience preferred
- Experience providing small business technical assistance and/or training preferred
- Bilingual (written and verbal) in English and Spanish
- Experience running or working for a small business a bonus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends as needed
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability to relate to people from a broad range of socio-economic backgrounds formal education levels, cultures, etc.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary is $50,000-$52,000/year depending on experience and qualifications.
- Benefits are competitive and include a healthcare plan with zero employee contribution, 10 observed holidays, and 4 weeks of vacation per year.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please put the job title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
LEDC is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. In accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, LEDC takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. LEDC also participates in E-Verify.