NeighborhoodLIFT® Down Payment Assistance Program
$20,000 Grant Funds to Buy Your Home in Washington, DC or Prince George’s County
***Military, First Responders, or Teachers are eligible for an additional $2,500 in assistance***
- Your income cannot be more than 100% of the area median income (AMI) to qualify. If more than one person will be on the mortgage, the sum of your incomes must be within the income limits for your household size
- The home you purchase must be your primary residence and located in Washington, D.C. or Prince George’s County.
- You don’t have to repay the grant if you live in the home for five years.
- You need to be approved for a first mortgage by an approved lender.
- You must complete homebuyer education before your closing.
- Assistance is available for military and non-military customers.
- After the event, you must have a home purchase agreement within 60 days to qualify for a grant.
Steps to Qualify:
- Hold a Grant Reservation from the February DC NeighborhoodLift® Launch Event
- Attend an 8 Homebuyer Education Training at LEDC
- Receive Individual Housing Counseling at LEDC
Register for One of Our Upcoming 8 Homebuyer Education Trainings:
- March 9th English-DC
- March 9th Spanish-MD
- March 16th English-DC
- March 16th English-MD
For more information contact LEDC Housing:
202-540-7401 direct | 240-705-9749 text | email@example.com e-mail