Latino Economic Development Center
The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a non-profit community development organization founded in 1991. LEDC’s mission is to serve as a catalyst that drives the economic and social advancement of low-to-moderate-income Latinos and other underserved communities by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence, acquire personal and business assets, and create generational wealth. We achieve our mission through small business development and financing, homeownership counseling, tenant services, and affordable housing preservation.
The Loan Operations Manager oversees lending activities that include business development and loan origination. This position will also require leadership and support in the design and implementation of new credit products and technology tools to streamline the origination process. This position ensures all lending activities operate ethically and consistent with the LEDC’s mission and values. This position reports to the Chief of Small Business Services.
- Assists in the development of lending goals and strategies grow LEDC lending portfolio.
- Collaborates in the design and implementation of new products/programs across all markets.
- Responsible for management of loan officers This includes tracking their performance against contractual and internal LEDC goals and providing coaching to support their professional development.
- Provides underwriting training for new members of lending team and ensures that the Loan Officers have the knowledge, skills, and technical resources to efficiently carry out their roles.
- In close coordination with the Director of Lending, recommends risk and underwriting policy to adjust to market shifts and lending industry best practices.
- Coordinates data program (CRM & portfolio) and ensures all required monthly and quarterly reports, including investor and grant reporting, are submitted accurately and timely.
- Represents LEDC at different functions and events.
- In collaboration with the Portfolio Manager, oversees the adoption and implementation of tech platforms (internal and outward facing) to improve efficiency, standardization, and automation with the goal of increasing loan quality and scaling production.
- Reviews loan officers’ underwriting memos for pre-approval across all markets and present them for approval to the corresponding credit committee or the Chief of Small Business Services.
- In collaboration with portfolio management team implements quality assurance of individual transactions and ensures compliance with all LEDC lending policies and SBA program’s standards.
- In collaboration with the Director of Lending, responsible for the design and implementation of the department’s outreach and marketing strategies.
- In partnership with the Director of Lending, cultivate relationships with external stakeholders, including governments, foundations, investors, corporate partners, commercial banks, credit unions, and non-profits.
- Interface with lending partners to establish loan participations, loan guarantees or referral programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in finance, accounting, business, or related field.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Experience working as loan officer.
- Experience working with diverse population, including minorities and immigrants.
- Ideal candidate will be organized, resourceful and energetic self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work autonomously with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to build trust with small business clients.
- Strong customer service approach to interactions with colleagues and partners, ability to navigate complex environments, and help build relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills (Spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Communication tools).
- Related experience with SBA 7(a) loan program.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Omar Velasco at [email protected] with the subject line "Loan Operations Manager". No phone calls please.
LEDC is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. In accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, LEDC takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. LEDC also participates in E-Verify.