Latino Economic Development Center
The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a non-profit, tax-exempt community development organization founded in 1991. LEDC’s mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low- to moderate-income Latinos and other underserved communities by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities. We achieve our mission through small business development and lending, homeownership group education and individual counseling, and affordable housing preservation.
LEDC is a US Treasury certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and a Small Business Administration (SBA) Microloan Intermediary and Community Advantage lender. LEDC currently lends between $5,000- $250,000 for small or emerging businesses unable to obtain financing from mainstream banks and from $500-$2,500 for consumers to build, repair credit or purchase energy-efficient appliances.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Verify eligibility of assigned loan applications
- Assist clients to complete loan applications
- Assist clients to create their household monthly budget
- Assist in the promotion of LEDC loan products
- Follow-up with borrowers to collect documentation
Education and Experience Qualifications Required:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Bachelor's degree or Junior/ Senior at a Bachelor program
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Demonstrated commitment to working with low-income communities
**This role is a 20 hours/week, internship role**
To apply, please submit resume to "[email protected]" with the subject line: "Loan Application Assistant (Internship)".
LEDC is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. In accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, LEDC takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. LEDC also participates in E-Verify.