LEDC Synopsis: The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) community development corporation founded in 1991. LEDC's mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low to moderate-income Latinos and other underserved communities by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities. LEDC's main office is in the Columbia Heights neighborhood of Washington, DC, and has branch offices in Wheaton, MD; Baltimore, MD; Arlington, VA; and Mayagüez, Puerto Rico.
Job Description Summary
The Lending Portfolio Manager is responsible for the loan closing and servicing processes. This includes supervising loan closure, funding, clients’ payments, restructuring/workouts, liquidation, and collection procedures. The Lending Portfolio Manager is responsible for monitoring and analyzing data to recommend lending policies, changes to underwriting criteria, and other actions to meet portfolio management goals. This position reports to the Chief of Small Business Services and Lending and supports a portfolio administration team and external legal advice contractors.
- Supervise the lending program financial transactions, manage relationships with external financial institutions, and ensure all accounts comply with LEDC’s and external financial institutions’ guidelines.
- Supervise portfolio management team, including tracking performance.
- Interface with LEDC’s accounting department by providing accurate information in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for data management of lending-related activities, which includes procedures for collecting, organizing, protecting, and storing data according to LEDC’s policies and external regulations.
- Monitor and analyze lending portfolio data to recommend lending policies, changes to underwriting criteria, and other actions to meet portfolio management goals as needed.
- Prepare reports to funders and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for loan closing and servicing processes. This includes supervising loan closure, funding, clients’ payments, restructuring/workouts, liquidation, and collection procedures with the support of legal counsel.
- Seek and enroll LEDC in credit enhancement programs such as collateral support programs, loan guarantee programs, and Loan Loss Reserve Programs in collaboration with the Chief of Small Business Services.
- Responsible for maintaining LEDC’s compliance with any requirements, such as licensing, associated with being a small business lender and Community Development Financial Institution.
- Measure and develop strategies to maintain high customer satisfaction.
- BA required.
- Two or more years of experience with a commercial lender.
- Strong verbal and written communication ability and organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Master’s degree (a plus if in a business-related field, finance, or risk management).
- Experience managing a lending portfolio.
- Bilingual (English, Spanish).
- Strong knowledge of data analysis and statistics.
- Knowledge of lending regulations about small businesses financing.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Omar Velasco at [email protected] with “Portfolio Manager Job” in the subject line.
LEDC is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. In accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, LEDC takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. LEDC also participates in E-Verify.