Job Title: Small Business Intake Coordinator (Bilingual – English / Spanish)
LEDC Synopsis: The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) community development corporation founded in 1991. LEDC’s goal is to drive the economic and social advancement of low- to moderate-income Latinos and other underserved communities in DC, Maryland, Virginia, and Puerto Rico by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities.
Position Summary: LEDC is seeking candidates for our Small Business Intake Coordinator position based in Washington, DC. The position will support the Small Business Program Manager and will work alongside a highly motivated team of Business Coaches. Additionally, the incumbent will provide reception, administration, data entry, outreach and support to the small business team, and ensure quality service to our clients.
- Lead the Small Business Marketing Committee and assist with outreach initiatives and content generation such as social media posts.
- Answer incoming calls from clients looking for business technical assistance or LEDC loans
- Reach out to clients requesting small business services via email or LEDC’s website and conduct a screening questionnaire to determine how LEDC can better serve them.
- Manage the Appointment Scheduling System.
- Provide reminder calls/text messages to workshop RSVP’s.
- Assist with the logistics of workshops and presentations
- Provide assistance to walk-ins as needed.
- Follow up with clients to conduct surveys in order to evaluate program impact and customer satisfaction.
- Update LEDC website (SBD Program) and outreach materials such as flyers, PowerPoint slides.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure quantity and quality of services provided by the organization.
- Fluent in Spanish and English (written, spoken, and reading)
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2 years of commensurate work experience
- Customer-service oriented person with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must have friendly, patient and professional manner.
- Energetic and detail-oriented team player with a commitment to high quality of service delivery;
- Ability to multi-task, coordinate several projects simultaneously and prioritize deadlines.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel;
- Familiarity with databases and information tracking, a plus;
- Able to work under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
This is a full-time, 40 hour/week position
Salary and Benefits
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
LEDC offers competitive benefits, including a healthcare plan and 4 weeks of vacation per year.
LEDC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer; women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.