Job Title: Small Business Intake Coordinator
FLSA Status: Exempt Position
Last Revision Date: February 5, 2020
LEDC Synopsis: The Latino Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) community development corporation founded in 1991. LEDC’s mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low to moderate income Latinos and other underserved DC, MD, VA, and Puerto Rico area residents by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities. We serve everyone who comes through our doors regardless of race and ethnicity. LEDC is a certified US Treasury Department Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), a US SBA Micro-Lending Intermediary and Community Advantage Lender, a USDA Lending Intermediary, and a HUD-certified housing counseling agency.
Position Overview: LEDC is seeking candidates for our Small Business Intake Coordinator position based in Washington, DC. The position will support the Small Business Program Manager and will work alongside a highly motivated team of business coaches. Additionally, the incumbent will provide reception, administration, data entry, outreach and support to the small business team, and ensure quality service to our clients.
- Answer incoming calls from clients looking for business technical assistance.
- Reach out to clients requesting business technical assistance via email or LEDC’s website and conduct a screening questionnaire to determine how LEDC can better serve them.
- Conduct community outreach in designated business corridors to build a client base of small business owners for one-on-one advising and group trainings.
- Schedule appointments.
- Provide reminder calls to workshop RSVPs.
- Provide assistance to walk-ins as needed.
- Follow up with clients to conduct surveys in order to evaluate program impact.
- Data entry into client management system.
- Create bilingual flyers and outreach materials.
- Assist with the logistics of workshops and presentations
- Represent LEDC in community events specific to Small Business.
- Assist in completion of reports for assigned programs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure the quantity and quality of services provided by the organization.
- Fluent in Spanish and English (written, spoken, and reading).
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years of commensurate work experience.
- Customer-service oriented person with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have friendly, patient and professional manner.
- Energetic and detail-oriented team player with a commitment to high quality of service delivery.
- Ability to multi-task, coordinate several projects simultaneously and prioritize deadlines.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Familiarity with databases and information tracking, a plus.
- Able to work under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time, 40 hour/week position
Salary and Benefits
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
LEDC offers competitive benefits, including a healthcare plan and 4 weeks of vacation per year.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Omar Velasco, Program Manager of Small Business Development at email@example.com.
To learn more about LEDC, visit www.ledcmetro.org
LEDC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer; women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.