The Latino Economic Development Center’s (LEDC) mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low to moderate income Latinos and other underserved communities by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities. LEDC is a fast-paced and growing organization that achieves its mission through small business development and lending, homeownership counseling, affordable housing preservation, and direct community investments. The organization’s main office is in the Columbia Heights neighborhood of Washington, DC, and has branch offices in Wheaton, MD; Baltimore, MD; Arlington, VA; and Mayagüez, Puerto Rico.
LEDC is looking for a professional to serve as a Women's Small Business Coach & Program Associate. The individual will work with our Empowered Women International (EWI) program, whose mission is to provide entrepreneurship training, mentoring, market access, and support services to talented and high-potential women in the Greater Washington DC Metro Area.
- Manage the Entrepreneur Support Service Program (Year-round personalized business assistance, workshops, and referrals available for over 400 EWI students, alumni, and community entrepreneurs) by:
- Planning and develop group training sessions that provide small business owners with the tools and skills needed to be successful.
- Recruit and manage expert consultants, contractors or volunteers that can provide in-depth technical assistance or required services to small business owners.
- Assist in hiring the new team of interns and support volunteers for all programs.
- Provide one-on-one advising to aspiring and existing small business owners to help improve their core business skills.
- Help clients navigate the licensing/registration process to start, expand, close, or sell a business.
- Manage all client activities from inquiry, assessment, client service delivery, recording, and follow-through.
- Connect clients with other LEDC services and available resources in the DMV.
- Provide ongoing administrative support in the management of the EWI' ETS and GMB programs, including applicant intake management; scheduling and conducting interviews with new clients; follow through and overseeing the intake process, and tracking client data.
- Conduct ongoing research about business tools and resources, news that might affect the entrepreneurial ecosystem, business licensing, and small business development opportunities.
- Collaborate with Program Manager in the programmatic planning and execution of EWI programs.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Capture client data through intake forms, maintain accurate client records and collaborate with the Program Manager to meet program goals and benchmarks.
- Work with the senior staff to develop and implement effective M&E strategies to produce accurate reports that demonstrate impact on our clients’ lives and the community.
- Provide administrative support including reconciliation of data needed for reporting, data entry, translation of materials from English to Spanish, drafting email communications and more.
Outreach, Recruitment & Partnerships:
- Conduct community outreach to build a strong network of partners and service providers to offer comprehensive assistance to LEDC’s clients
- Promote EWI Programs services in different platforms, forums, and events as needed.
- Build new strategic partnerships, cultivate existing ones, and develop mutually beneficial incentives to offer greater opportunities to ensure clients' professional and personal success.
- Develop effective strategies to build new partnerships for recruiting interns and professionals volunteers including entrepreneurship mentors, business coaches, guest speakers and workshop presenters.
Marketing and Communication:
- Assist in marketing various programs and initiatives, communications, and social media.
- At least 2 years of small business experience with a strong understanding of business functions such as licensing/registration, operations, financial management, and marketing.
- Experience helping clients turn their ideas into a formal business.
- Experience working with diverse populations, including minorities and immigrants.
- In-depth knowledge of industries such as construction, child development, cleaning, cosmetology, and restaurant/catering.
- Experience developing business plans, financials, and educating entrepreneurs on access to capital.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to build trust with small business clients.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Ability to multi-task, coordinate several projects simultaneously, and prioritize deadlines.
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or related field.
- Strong computer skills (Spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Social Media, Communication tools).
- Experience running a small business.
- Certified financial counselor.
- Knowledge of basic business accounting.
- Knowledge of federal regulations pertaining to small businesses.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Alexandra Boycheck, Regional Program Manager: [email protected]
LEDC is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. In accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, LEDC takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. LEDC also participates in E-Verify.