Job Title: Program Manager – Direct Community Investments
FLSA Status: Exempt Position
Last Revision Date: September 9, 2020
LEDC Synopsis: The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) community development corporation founded in 1991. LEDC’s mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low to moderate income Latinos and other underserved communities in DC, MD, VA, and Puerto Rico by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities. We serve everyone who comes through our doors regardless of race and ethnicity. LEDC is certified by the US Treasury Department as Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), a US Small Business (SBA) Micro-Lending Intermediary, US SBA Community Advantage Lender, and a HUD certified Housing Counseling Agency. Its four main program areas are small business development, micro-lending, homeownership counseling, affordable housing preservation through tenant organizing.
Position Summary: The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is seeking candidates for the position of Program Manager – Direct Community Investments.
• Develop methodology and criteria to select participants of community investment programs.
• Develop application package for program participants.
• Create multilingual training and information material to promote community investment programs.
• Assist to review applications and analyze information provided to assess eligibility and to determine grants or services to provide based on approved program guidelines.
• Coordinate communications between community participants, LEDC staff and stakeholders;
• Supervise a team of program staff in assigned offices. This includes tracking their performance against contractual and internal LEDC goals.
• Ensure that all goals outlined in grant agreements are met or exceeded during contract periods
• Lead on compliance activity and reporting to funders for contracts under the program.
• Supervise data collection efforts, ensuring staff is in compliance with LEDC’s internal data protocols.
• BA required, master degree preferred (a plus if in Economic Development-related field);
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
• Bilingual (English/Spanish), and culturally sensitive required;
• Hands-on experience working with small business owners preferred; and
• Demonstrated commitment to working with low-wealth community.
• This position is based in DC though due to its supervisory roles entails visiting LEDC satellite offices in a regular basis.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Omar Velasco, Director of Small Business Development and Lending at email@example.com.