Job Title: Part-Time Bilingual Housing Counselor VA
LEDC Synopsis: The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) community development corporation founded in 1991. LEDC’s goal is to drive the economic and social advancement of low- to moderate-income Latinos and other underserved communities in DC, Maryland, Virginia, and Puerto Rico by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities.
Housing Counseling Program: LEDC is a HUD-certified comprehensive housing counseling agency that helps families in the DC, MD and VA Metropolitan area, and Baltimore to take control of their financial health, buy their first home and save their homes from foreclosure. LEDC accomplishes these goals by providing financial capability education and counseling, first-time homebuyers group education and individual counseling, and providing foreclosure counseling and technical assistance.
The Housing Counselor will provide group training and direct housing counseling to LEDC clients around the home purchase process, financial capability, rental counseling, foreclosure prevention, and first-time homebuyers programs in Virginia. The counselor will be responsible for the following:
- Provide housing counseling to support clients in meeting their housing goals including budgeting, establishing or improving credit, pre-purchase, foreclosure prevention, and post-purchase education.
- Analyze and discuss clients’ financial capacity to buy a home and create financial action plans with clients.
- Provide technical assistance related to housing counseling such as submitting and tracking paperwork for first-time homebuyer programs or foreclosure prevention.
- Document and track data related to housing counseling services utilizing Counselor Max and other applicable tools.
- Conduct group workshops and presentations on home purchase, foreclosure prevention, and financial capability.
- Conduct community outreach for housing counseling services.
- Assist in completion of reports for assigned programs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attend trainings as needed for continuing education and pass the HUD Housing Counseling exam no later than March 31, 2021.
- LEDC has a strong preference for an individual with a housing background;
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Organized, energetic and detail-oriented team player with a deep commitment to high-quality housing counseling and service delivery;
- Ability to work well with others, be a good listener, think creatively;
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as experience with a database platform;
- Flexible work schedule, including ability to work nights and Saturdays;
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel throughout Northern Virginia;
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
This is a part-time 20 hour/week position that requires some nights and Saturday hours.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience.
LEDC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer; women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org