LEDC Synopsis: The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a private, non-profit 50l(c)(3) community development corporation founded in 1991. LEDC's mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low- to moderate-income Latinos and other D.C. area residents by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Operations, the Operations Associate will assist in completing clerical and administrative tasks related to the functionality of the organization. The Operations Associate's responsibilities include performing administrative tasks, assisting other company departments as needed, and ensuring smooth daily operations.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Collaborate in event and program management
- Responsible for placing the supply and inventory orders for the organization
- Assist HR with the onboarding of new employees , Equipment acquisition, Phone assignment, document collection
- Assist in both employee and client scheduling
- Assist accounting and payroll as needed
- Maintain vendor relations and contract negotiations
- Manage the organization's hardware inventory and tracking
- Support the Chief of Operations with the enforcement of company policies and standards
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication ability and organizational skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Good problem-solving ability
- Good level of interpersonal and social skills needed to interact with customers or prospective clients
- Excellent time management skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) and cultural sensitivity a plus
LEDC is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. In accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, LEDC takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. LEDC also participates in E-Verify.