Latino Economic Development Center
The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a non-profit, tax-exempt (501(c) (3) status) community development organization founded in 1991. LEDC’s mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low- to moderate-income Latinos and other D.C. area residents by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities. It achieves its mission through small business development and lending, homeownership counseling, and affordable housing preservation. LEDC’s main office is in the Shaw neighborhood of Washington DC, and we have branch offices in Wheaton, MD; Baltimore, MD; Arlington, VA; Herndon, VA; Puerto Rico.
LEDC is seeking a multi-talented bilingual Marketing Content & Engagement Associate with exceptional writing, experience generating creative content, and HTML skills to drive the Organization’s content strategy and efforts. In this role, the individual will support multiple programs simultaneously by strengthening their outreach, marketing, and social media endeavors. This position includes a mix of in-person and remote work, and some in-person activities might consist of highly attended events when necessary.
This staff member will be responsible for the following activities:
- Participate in in-house program marketing committee meetings and support their client outreach needs
- Outsource marketing materials when needed and assist programs with the creation of materials when requested and as approved by the Communications & Marketing Manager
- Develop/draft graphics and social media toolkits as requested by different programs and as instructed by Communications & Marketing Manager for all our social media platforms in English and Spanish
- Design, write or edit all digital content, graphics, photography, and other multimedia visualization and imaging products
- Generate a monthly social media calendar and action plan for LEDC to drive our content schedule and strategy
- Work alongside public and private collaborators on social media initiatives. Ensure compliance with confidentiality and privacy policies and style and standard guidelines are followed for all our social media platforms
- Assist with developing scripts and handling the visual production of videos, reels, and stories that will be used as outreach on our social media platforms
- Evaluate where improvements can be made in content strategy, research trends that can benefit the organization, and develop innovative and creative content solutions to drive LEDC’s client outreach strategy
- Lead efforts to ensure the website’s design is user-friendly, accessible, and visually engaging
- Monitor content on the website to ensure that it is detectable on all web and mobile browsers
- Design mockups, pages, prototypes, buttons, and interactive elements as needed
- Generate updates to the website as requested by the HR Manager and different programs at LEDC
- Follow SEO best practices when updating the website
- Manage the listservs found on our website
- Work directly with the website administrator when errors in the system occur for unknown reasons
- Ensure that the Spanish section of the website is translated appropriately to convey the information to all our audiences better
- Monitor email, social media, and website communications. Ensure all incoming inquiries from our website, social media, and overall digital platforms are answered or forwarded to the corresponding program when vital
- Moderate user-generated social content and messages based on organization and community policies
- Consistently improve our reach and engagement on all our digital media platforms
- Provides tech assistance for all media-related events
- Preserve all marketing content in corresponding drives for easy posterity access
Qualifications Required for this role:
Applicants should be interested in pursuing a career that addresses economic inequality in the United States. At LEDC, we welcome a strong passion for advocating for the communities we serve.
A bachelor’s degree in a field that lends itself to marketing (i.e., Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Web Design & Development) or a related field is required. Previous experience (approx. 1-3 years), including internships in web development, graphic design, communications, or marketing, is preferred.
This individual must have:
- Strong time management skills with the ability to plan, coordinate, organize, prioritize, and simultaneously implement multiple projects while adjusting to changes professionally and in a polite manner
- Ability to speak, write and read in English and Spanish
- Knowledge of HTML and reading source codes is fundamental for this role
- Working knowledge and previous experience with Nationbuilder or WordPress is a plus
- Previous experience with Canva is needed for this role
- Adobe Creative Suite skills are highly regarded for this role
- Video editing skills are a plus
- Knowledge of Google Analytics is also a plus
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to self-start and problem solve in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong attention to detail and editing skills
- Ability to function independently and as an active team member
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule with minimum supervision is also required. Occasional participation in evening and weekend events is expected; and
- Manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity
- Also, a great sense of humor and humility is always welcomed!
Salary and Benefits
The salary range is commensurate with experience, full benefits, and generous vacation.
To apply, please email a resume, cover letter, and two original social media posts with graphic content (preferably one in Spanish and one in English) to Andres Izaguirre, Director of Development at [email protected], with the subject line “Marketing Content Associate Position.”
LEDC is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. In accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, LEDC takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. LEDC also participates in E-Verify.