LEDC Description:The Latino Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) community development corporation founded in 1991. LEDC's mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low to moderate-income Latinos and other underserved communities by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities. LEDC's main office is in the Columbia Heights neighborhood of Washington, DC, and has branch offices in White Oak, MD; Baltimore,MD; Arlington, VA; and Mayaguez, Puerto Rico.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Loan Portfolio Manager, the Loan Servicing Specialist is responsible for providing administrative support for the lending team. This will include assisting with all communications to internal and external stakeholders, servicing and monitoring of small business and consumer loans. Hybrid-remote work. LEDC employees are required to work from office at least once peer week.
• Execute quality assurance procedures before loan closing.
• Send closing documents to borrowers and schedule loan disbursements.
• Enter data in LEDC’s portfolio management software and other platforms as needed.
• Perfect collateral in the form of car liens, UCC filings, property liens, cash in an escrow account,
and assure proper lien/UCC releases for paid loans.
• Execute procedures for collecting, organizing, protecting, and storing data according to LEDC’s
policies and external regulations.
• Provide customer service and resolve questions and requests from existing borrowers.
• Support Portfolio Manager in the preparation of reports.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish).
• Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
• Position requires excellent organizational skills.
Salary and Benefits:
• Salary: $50,000
• Benefits: Comprehensive healthcare plans, life insurance, commuting benefits, remote-work
allowance, 401(k), 10 observed holidays, sick time, and over 4 weeks of paid-time off.
LEDC is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
applicants and employees. In accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive
Orders, LEDC takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are
not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender),
age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender
identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic
information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more
information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is
the Law. LEDC also participates in E-Verify.