Job Title: Loan Intake Coordinator
FLSA Status: Exempt Position
LEDC Synopsis: The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) community development corporation founded in 1991. LEDC’s goal is to drive the economic and social advancement of low- to moderate-income Latinos and other underserved communities in DC, Maryland, Virginia, and Puerto Rico by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities.
Position Summary: LEDC is seeking candidates for our Intake and Loan Processor position based in Washington, DC. This full-time position will play a key role in our regional expansion. The position will support the Loan Operations Manager and work alongside a highly motivated team of Loan Officers.
LEDC’s Small Business Department assists low- to moderate-income entrepreneurs to acquire the skills and knowledge to successfully open and grow their businesses, including assistance obtaining licenses and permits, marketing, record-keeping, and business planning. Our clients range from small start-ups to established businesses with multiple employees and locations. LEDC is certified by the US Treasury as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and by the Small Business Administration (SBA) as a Microloan Intermediary and a Community Advantage Lender. LEDC’s loans range from $500 to $250,000, ranging from consumer credit-building loans to small business microloans and larger capital transactions. Although this role is based in Washington, DC, LEDC’s footprint covers over 20 counties in the Baltimore-Washington region and Puerto Rico.
- Be the first point of contact for lending inquiries (receive inquiries; schedule and conduct initial phone calls).
- Provide exceptional customer service while determining eligibility of clients for LEDC’s lending program.
- Participate in promoting LEDC products and services at different functions.
- Cultivate relationships with community partners across DC, MD, and northern VA.
- Follow-up regularly with clients throughout the pre-loan and post-loan process to ensure information is received and submitted in a timely manner.
- Enter data into client management system to document client contact information and track deals (pre/post loan).
- Assist with workshops and presentations on access to capital.
- Collaborate with Intake Coordinators and staff across all LEDC programs
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends as needed, as well as travel to other offices in Baltimore, Wheaton, and Arlington.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Bachelor's degree or 3 years of commensurate work experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Customer-service experience with diverse populations and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Energetic and detail-oriented team player with a commitment to delivering a high quality of service
- Ability to multi-task, coordinate several projects simultaneously, and prioritize deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Familiarity with databases and information tracking is a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary range is $45,000-48,000.
- Benefits are competitive within the DC area: assistance with healthcare coverage, 10 observed holidays, and 4 weeks of vacation per year.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Carlos Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEDC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.