LEDC Synopsis: The Latino Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) community development corporation founded in 1991. LEDC's mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low to moderate income Latinos and other underserved communities by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities. LEDC's main office is in the Columbia Heights neighborhood of Washington, DC, and has branch offices in Wheaton, MD; Baltimore, MD; Arlington, VA; and Mayagüez, Puerto Rico.
Position Summary: LEDC is seeking candidates for our Small Business Intake Coordinator position based in Washington, DC. The position will support the small business program manager and will work alongside a highly motivated team of business coaches. Additionally, the incumbent will provide reception, administration, data entry, outreach and support to the small business team, and ensure quality service to our clients.
- Lead the Small Business Marketing Committee and assist with outreach initiatives and content generation such as social media posts.
- Answer incoming calls from clients looking for business technical assistance or LEDC loans.
- Reach out to clients requesting small business services via email or LEDC’s website and conduct a screening questionnaire to determine how LEDC can better serve them.
- Manage the Appointment Scheduling System.
- Provide reminder calls/text messages to workshop RSVPs.
- Assist with the logistics of workshops and presentations.
- Provide assistance to walk-ins as needed.
- Follow up with clients to conduct surveys in order to evaluate program impact and customer satisfaction.
- Update LEDC website (SBD Program) and outreach materials such as flyers, powerpoint slides.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure quantity and quality of services provided by the organization.
- Fluent in Spanish and English (written, spoken, and reading).
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2 years of commensurate work experience.
- Customer-service-oriented person with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have friendly, patient, and professional manner.
- Energetic and detail-oriented team player with a commitment to high-quality service delivery.
- Ability to multi-task, coordinate several projects simultaneously, and prioritize deadlines.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Familiarity with databases and information tracking, a plus.
- Able to work under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
This is a full-time, 40 hour/week position
Salary and Benefits
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
LEDC offers competitive benefits, including a healthcare plan and 4 weeks of vacation per year.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Alexandra Samaniego, [email protected] No phone calls, please.
LEDC is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. In accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, LEDC takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. LEDC also participates in E-Verify.