Position: Intake and Loan Processor (Bilingual – English/Spanish)
LEDC Synopsis: The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) community development corporation founded in 1991. LEDC’s mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low to moderate income Latinos and other DC area and Puerto Rico residents by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities.
LEDC’s small business group assists low to moderate income entrepreneurs acquire the skills and knowledge to successfully open and grow their businesses, including assistance obtaining licenses and permits, marketing, recordkeeping, and business planning. Our clients range from small start-ups to established restaurants with multiple employees and locations. LEDC is also a US Treasury certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and a Small Business Administration (SBA) Microloan Intermediary and Community Advantage lender. LEDC suite of financial products range from $500 to $250,000, ranging from consumer credit building loans to small business capital transactions. Although this role is intended to work within the Washington, DC metropolitan area, the program’s footprint covers over 20 counties in the region and Puerto Rico.
Position Summary: LEDC is seeking candidates for our Intake and Loan Processor position based in Washington, DC. This full-time position will play a key role in our regional expansion. The position will support the Portfolio Manager and Risk Manager and will work alongside a highly motivated team of loan officers. Additionally, the incumbent will provide reception, administration, data entry, outreach and training support to the lending team, and ensure quality service to our clients. The Intake and Loan Processor will be responsible for the following:
- Reach out to clients requesting business technical assistance or business loans and conduct a screening questionnaire to determine how LEDC can better serve them.
- Schedule appointments and provide reminder calls.
- Provide assistance to walk-ins as needed.
- Provide information on LEDC services and referrals to community partners.
- Follow up regularly and directly with clients throughout the pre-loan and post-loan process to ensure information is received and submitted in a timely manner and that deals are tracked and documented on a regular basis.
- Data entry into client management system.
- Create bilingual flyers and outreach materials.
- Assist with workshops and presentations on access to capital; offsite and onsite.
- Represent LEDC in community events specific to Lending in three markets (DC, MD, VA).
- Assist in the completion of reports for assigned programs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure quantity and quality of services provided by the organization.
- Expected to work some evenings and weekends as well as traveling to our other offices.
- Fluent in Spanish and English (written, spoken, and reading).
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years of commensurate work experience.
- Customer-service oriented person with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have friendly, patient and professional manner.
- Energetic and detail-oriented team player with a commitment to high quality of service delivery.
- Ability to multi-task, coordinate several projects simultaneously and prioritize deadlines.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Familiarity with databases and information tracking a plus.
- Able to work under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail is a must, along with a keen eye for identifying problems on a loan.
- Willingness to perform multiple functions throughout the day as the need arises.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation.
This is a full-time, 40 hour / week position
Salary and Benefits
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
LEDC offers competitive benefits, including a healthcare plan and 4 weeks of vacation per year.
LEDC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer; women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Emi Reyes, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.