Job Title: Grants and Evaluation Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt Position
Last Revision Date: October 10, 2019
LEDC Synopsis: The Latino Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) community development corporation founded in 1991. LEDC’s mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low to moderate income Latinos and other underserved DC, MD, VA, and Puerto Rico area residents by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities. We serve everyone who comes through our doors regardless of race and ethnicity. LEDC is a certified US Treasury Department Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), a US SBA Micro-Lending Intermediary and Community Advantage Lender, a USDA Lending Intermediary, and a HUD-certified housing counseling agency. It is our main program areas, through which we thread financial capability, are: small business development (including women’s entrepreneurship), micro-lending, homeownership counseling, and affordable housing preservation.
Position Summary: The Latino Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) is seeking candidates for the position of Grants and Evaluation Manager. This full-time position plays a key role in ensuring timely reporting, assessing program impact, and supporting the generation of revenue to fund the effective implementation of LEDC’s programs. LEDC is in a growth trajectory given the economic development needs in the area.
Qualified candidates must possess a diverse set of skills including: excellent communication, implementation of systems and processes, grant writing, and research/evaluation. The Grants and Evaluation Manager will support the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and collaborate with the Development Manager in carrying out responsibilities related to grants management, evaluation, and proposal writing. While the focus of the Development Manager will be proposal writing and individual donor fundraising, the Grants and Evaluation Manager will focus on the management of grants, their execution and coordination, and evaluation of programs. The Grants and Evaluation Manager will be expected to support proposal writing, especially during peak seasons. The Grants Manager will also work closely with the finance department. The Grants and Evaluation Manager will report to the CDO who oversees fundraising, communications, and evaluation, and is responsible for outwardly focused fundraising.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Coordinate grant execution process and gather needed documents to execute contracts
- Manage grants that involve the coordination of multiple program teams. Keep teams on task and aware of commitments and pertinent deadlines
- Keep program and admin/finance teams abreast of newly executed contracts and their reporting requirements
- Manage the grant reporting schedule to ensure timely submission of reports to LEDC’s government and private funders
- Provide program teams and admin staff the necessary templates/information to facilitate the drafting of reports to be reviewed by the Chief Development Officer
- Ensure grant management folders and files are up to date
- Help hire and supervise evaluation interns
- Work with CDO and Program Chiefs in the creation of evaluation, survey, and data analysis plans
- Carry out and/or oversee data collection and data entry for program evaluations and service quality assessments
- Develop necessary databases and assist with data entry, particularly when interns are not available
- Work with CDO to analyze data and draft findings
- Support proposal writing and submission
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-starter, who sees opportunities for efficiency and takes the initiative to pursue them
- Bachelor’s with two to three years of experience, or Master’s degree with one to two years of proposal writing or development experience
- Strong technical skills including qualitative and/or quantitative research skills
- Experience developing/administering online surveys
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word
- Experience/familiarity with economic development work and/or economic issues local to the Washington and Baltimore Metropolitan Area
- Strong knowledge of and sensitivity to underserved communities
- Available to work nights and weekends as needed
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus, but not required
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
- Benefits are competitive within the DC area: assistance with healthcare coverage, 10 observed holidays, and 4 weeks of vacation per year
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Marjorie Nemes, Chief Development Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEDC is an equal opportunity employer; and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.