Job Title: Grant Operations Intern
LEDC Synopsis: The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) community development corporation founded in 1991. LEDC’s goal is to drive the economic and social advancement of low- to moderate-income Latinos and other underserved communities in DC, Maryland, Virginia, and Puerto Rico by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities.
Position Summary: LEDC is seeking candidates for our Grant Operations Intern position based in Washington, DC. This 6-week, paid, virtual internship will play a key role in LEDC’s work to bolster the DC small business community during this difficult time. The position will support the Direct Community Investment Manager and work alongside a highly motivated team.
Although this virtual role is based in Washington, DC, LEDC’s footprint covers over 20 counties in the Baltimore-Washington region and Puerto Rico.
- Collaborate with Direct Community Investment team to distribute grant funding to 300 small businesses in the DC area.
- Review grant applications to determine eligibility of small business applicants.
- Provide exceptional customer service throughout grant disbursement process in the event of any necessary follow up to applicant businesses.
- Monitor the collection of supporting documentation following grant disbursement.
- Assist in grant reporting as specified by program requirements.
- Washington D.C. Resident.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Customer-service experience with diverse populations and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Energetic and detail-oriented team player with a commitment to delivering a high quality of service
- Ability to multi-task, coordinate several projects simultaneously, and prioritize deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Familiarity with databases and information tracking is a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish, as well as English, is preferable.
Internship Hours: Min. 20 hours a week Max. 30 hours
Internship Length: 6 weeks, unless otherwise determined by LEDC
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: Dependent on applicant experience
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Laura Bentley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEDC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.