Job Title: Executive Assistant and Front Desk Receptionist
Status: Exempt Position
Last Revision Date: January 31, 2020
LEDC Synopsis: The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) community development corporation founded in 1991. LEDC equips Latinos and other underserved communities in DC, MD, VA, and Puerto Rico with the skills and financial tools to create a better future for their families and communities. Participants in our programs learn how to buy and stay in their homes, join with their neighbors to keep their rental housing affordable, and start or expand small businesses. LEDC's main office is in the Columbia Heights neighborhood of Washington, DC.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant and Front Desk Receptionist is responsible for providing administrative support for the Executive Director and team. This will include assisting with all communications to internal and external stakeholders, scheduling, filing, researching, preparing testimony, preparing reports to funders, preparing expense reports and serving as a liaison to the organization's executive management team and the Board of Directors. This position will also be the first point of contact for visitors including LEDC staff, clients and directors.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
Executive Assistant Duties:
- Serving as a liaison to the Board of Directors and maintaining effective relationships with them, including providing information to them in a timely manner.
- Answering phones for the Executive Director; recognizing when calls can be directed to other offices.
- Managing the Executive Director's schedule, including scheduling internal and external meetings.
- Reviewing, assessing, and distributing incoming mail to the Executive Director.
- Editing, proofreading, and sending correspondences.
- Creating and maintaining a file system for the Executive.
- Preparing expense reports for the Executive Director, ensuring timely submission and reimbursement.
- Facilitating the administrative planning for, and execution of, board meetings, leadership team meetings, and monthly all-staff meetings.
- Arranges for travel reservations, manages the daily calendar, monitors email/voicemail messages, prepares monthly training logs, travel vouchers, credit card statements, and schedules meetings for assigned staff and other members of the management team.
- Assists with front desk coverage for the Receptionist as scheduled.
- Maintain inventory and order all office and departmental supplies.
- Work on special initiatives as necessary.
- Must be available to work some evenings and weekends as necessary.
Front Desk Duties:
- Answer all incoming calls, and direct callers to the appropriate parties or voicemail.
- Greet clients and visitors and provide assistance, general information and referral to all inquiries.
- Refer clients to the appropriate staff or the appropriate agency, based on client inquiry.
- Enter all new business client intakes in the efforts to outcomes performance management system.
- Make follow up reminder phone calls to clients and board members as necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of meetings, conferences and other events.
- Maintain professional appearance of lobby, conference and training rooms.
- Assist with sorting and routing of all mail.
- Type documents and correspondence as needed.
- Collaborate as needed in the translation of documents.
- Photocopy and prepare packets and other materials.
- Order supplies and maintain inventory of standard supplies across teams.
- Monitor conference room calendar.
- Receive and sign for any deliveries.
- Perform all other administrative duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications Required:
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) Required. Must be able to read, write and communicate in both languages.
- Position requires excellent phone manners, and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle many tasks and prioritize in a fast-paced office.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail.
- Commitment and sensitive to confidential information.
- Self-starter able to take on his/her own initiatives to further the effectiveness of the administrative team.
- Proactive work style able to identify problem areas early.
- Professional and flexible.
- Ability to communicate well with a wide range of personalities both in person, electronically and over the phone.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
- Previous experience as an executive assistant preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
- Benefits are competitive within the DC area: Pro-rated compensation currently includes 10 observed holidays, and 4 weeks of vacation per year.
- Salary is competitive and based on experience.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Brittany Jackson, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
LEDC is an equal opportunity employer; and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.