LEDC Synopsis: The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) community development corporation founded in 1991. LEDC’s mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low- to moderate-income Latinos and other D.C. area residents by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities.
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, they will assist in analyzing and improving business procedures related to the functionality of the organization. The Director of Operations' responsibilities includes performing administrative tasks, assisting other company departments as needed, and ensuring smooth daily operations.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Manage the infrastructural side of new employee on-boarding in partnership with the HR manager
- Manage the infrastructural side of employee off-boarding
- Assist in the creation and monitoring of the organization's annual budget.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to recruit, hire, train, develop, motivate and evaluate staff effectively and take corrective action as necessary.
- Assist in the development and implementation of procurement policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the logistics of major events hosted by LEDC
- Responsible for managing the supply and inventory orders for the organization
- Maintain vendor relations and contract negotiations
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Oversee facilities issues of all LEDC sites, including leases, repairs, maintenance, moves, etc.
- Identify and present strategic opportunities for cost-savings at LEDC through regular evaluation of current vending relationships against market offerings.
- Serve as primary procurement and relationship manager with all administrative and infrastructural vendors including but not limited to:
- Information technology provider(s),
- Building maintenance providers,
- Copier and printer vendors,
- Office supply providers (including water),
- Security service providers,
- Landlords (for rented office spaces), and
- Property Management (for owned HQ office) and cooperative Board of Directors.
- Respond to office needs across LEDC’s multiple regional offices in order to free staff from concerns and issues that hinder their performance of job duties.
- Support the annual audit process as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year accredited college
- Minimum of five years’ experience in operations
- Strong verbal and written communication ability and organizational skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Good problem-solving ability
- Good level of interpersonal and social skills needed to interact with customers or prospective clients
- Excellent time management skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) and cultural sensitivity a plus
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Emi Reyes, [email protected], with the subject line "Director of Operations." No phone calls, please.
LEDC is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. In accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, LEDC takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. LEDC also participates in E-Verify