Job Title: Development/Proposal Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt Position
Last Revision Date: June 8, 2020
LEDC Synopsis: The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) community development corporation founded in 1991. LEDC’s mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low to moderate income Latinos and other underserved communities in DC, MD, VA, and Puerto Rico by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities. We serve everyone who comes through our doors regardless of race and ethnicity. LEDC is certified by the US Treasury Department as Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), a US Small Business (SBA) Micro-Lending Intermediary, US SBA Community Advantage Lender, and a HUD certified Housing Counseling Agency. Its four main program areas are small business development, micro-lending, homeownership counseling, affordable housing preservation through tenant organizing.
Position Summary: The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is seeking candidates for the position of Development/Proposal Manager. This full-time position plays a key role in generating revenue to fund the effective implementation of LEDC’s programs. LEDC is in a growth trajectory given the economic development needs in the area.
Qualified candidates must possess a diverse set of skills including excellent communication skills, grant writing, research/evaluation, and implementation of systems and processes. The Development/Proposal Manager will support the Chief of Development & Strategy in carrying out responsibilities related to individual and institutional donor fundraising. The Development/Proposal Manager will ensure that all fundraising processes are carried out in a timely and efficient manner in-house as the Chief of Development & Strategy focuses on external facing responsibilities and larger federal proposals.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Manage the proposal production process;
- Draft proposal task lists, track progress on proposals, ensure staff responsible for contributing to proposals contribute in a timely manner;
- Attend proposal information sessions;
- Submit proposals;
- Ensure electronic proposal files are up to date;
- Track donor and gift information;
- Manage donor databse;
- Ensure donor information is entered into pertinent communications lists;
- Support the development of donor and network analyses;
- Collaborate with Communications Manager in execution of annual online fundraiser;
- Collaborate with Communications Manager in the designing an annual appeal process and drafting content;
- Draft content for individual donor stewardship (thank you letters and eblasts); and
- Collaborate with Communications Manager in the planning of events and additional communications functions as required.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-starter, who sees opportunities for efficiency and takes the initiative to pursue them
- Bachelor’s with two to three years of experience, or Master’s degree with one to two years of proposal writing or development experience
- Experience developing/administering online surveys
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and/or Publisher
- Experience/familiarity with economic development work and/or economic issues local to the Washington and Baltimore Metropolitan Area
- Strong knowledge of and sensitivity to underserved communities
- Available to work nights and weekends as needed
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus, but not required
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
- Benefits are competitive within the DC area: assistance with healthcare coverage, 10 observed holidays, and 4 weeks of vacation per year
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Marjorie Nemes, Chief of Development & Strategy at email@example.com
To learn more about LEDC visit www.ledcmetro.org.
LEDC is an equal opportunity employer; and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.