HERSummit 2020: Celebrating the Woman Entrepreneur
HERSummit : Celebrating the Womenpreneur is an event enthusiastically and lovingly crafted by people who are eager to uplift local women business owners. Through a partnership between Empowered Women International (LEDC), the Women’s Business Center, and Think Local First DC, we are excited to invite you to this accessible, and empowering event.
For our first ever event we hope to do the following...
- Inspire participants through Dynamic HerStory’s of diverse panelists and moderators
- Have tangible physical resources for participants
- Invite women business owners and hold a “bold / brave space” to talk about realities of being a woman and a business owner
- Opportunity to network with other women businesses
- Recognize businesses for positively transforming neighborhoods
The event will consist of a Table Talk, a Panel on Wellness for the Womenpreneur, and Panel on Political Advocacy for the Womenpreneur and a Happy Hour sponsored by DC Brau Brewing Co , featuring their beer and seltzer. Although we celebrate women business owners and are creating a safe space for them network and talk about issues that affect them- allies are welcome to attend.
Our Confirmed Guest LeadHERS are
- Pennye Napier - Co-Owner of Big Bad Wolf
- Hannah Jones - Authenticity Speaker, Reid Temple and Hannah Naomi Leads
- Luisa Torres - Founder of Happiher
- Ingrid Vaicius - Wellness Expert + Health Coach, Co-host, The Big Life Podcast
- Melani Douglass - Director of Public Programs at the National Museum of Women in the Arts, Founder of Family Arts Museum
- Joella Roberts - Co-Founder of Migration Matters, Student Representative to the Board of Trustees
- Monica Palacios - Former Office of Human Rights and DC Council At - large Candidate 2020
- Evette Banfied - President Economic Development Policy & Wealth Building Strategies
Tickets are only $10 and available for purchase HERE