Future Baltimore is a flagship partnership for West Baltimore and the result of the innovative and equity-focused collaboration between Bon Secours Community Works, Kaiser Permanente and the Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC). We have joined forces to help improve the socio-economic conditions in the area by launching a business incubator.
Named Incubator Without Walls, the program includes an intensive and accelerating series of coursework, one-on-one coaching and financing options to help local entrepreneurs achieve greater financial potential and business growth.
Our goal is to position up to ten local businesses for long-term growth and profitability through intense individualized technical support, access to finance, and one-on-one coaching. Businesses selected for the program will achieve greater financial potential and accelerated business growth.
- Businesses operating in the 21223-zip code* (or other eligible neighborhoods**) with at least two employees including the owner, and that have been operating for two or more years
- Businesses with hiring potential in the 21223-zip code or other eligible neighborhoods
- African-American owned businesses in the 21223-zip code or other eligible neighborhoods
- Businesses meeting the above criteria with less than $1 million in annual revenue
- A tailored and proven curriculum designed to grow businesses;
- Up to 20 hours each of subsidized consulting by consultants in fields including legal, marketing, accounting, website development, merchandising, social media, and HR;
- Personal and business network expansion through relationships within the cohort; and
- Loans for business growth ranging from $5,000-$250,000**.
* Additional preference for businesses in Boyd Booth, Franklin Square, and the Fayette Street Outreach
** Eligible participants
Other eligible neighborhoods include:
- Forest Park/Walbrook
- Greater Mondawmin
- Penn North/Reservoir Hill
- Upton/Druid Heights
- Sandtown-Winchester/Harlem Park
- Greater Rosemont
- Edmondson Village
- Southwest Baltimore
- Poppleton/The Terraces/Hollins Market
- Washington Village/Pigtown