Latino Economic Development Center
The Latino Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) community development organization founded in 1991. LEDC’s mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low- to moderate-income Latinos and other D.C. area residents by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities. It achieves its mission through small business development and lending, homeownership counseling, and affordable housing preservation. LEDC’s main office is in the Columbia Heights neighborhood of Washington DC, and has branch offices in Baltimore, White Oak, MD, Arlington VA, and Puerto Rico.
LEDC is seeking a Finance Assistant responsible for providing financial, administrative, and clerical services in an effective and efficient manner. The Finance Assistant reports to the Chief Financial Officer. This is a 3-month, full-time position.
- Assist the finance department in the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Finance Department, including financial data entry, filing, analysis, and expense reporting.
- Assist the finance department with all aspects of accounts payable, accounts receivable, filing, and expense reporting.
- Development and maintenance of financial records, spreadsheets and files.
- Assist and support management and colleagues in setting up, documenting and managing processes in the accounting function in general, and specifically in relation to Accounts Payable.
- Assist in federal grant management reporting and compliance matters; ensure timely completion of all financial reports.
- Assist in grant-related functions, including budgets vs actual analysis, grant closeout functions as required by grantors, and reconciliation and monitoring of receivables.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma plus 2 years of relevant work experience
- Recent work experience with 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations is a plus.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong experience with MS Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good-record-keeping.
- Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
Negotiable based on experience and generous vacation.
LEDC is an affirmative action, equal employer opportunity.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Isis Salmeron at [email protected]. No phone calls please.
LEDC is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. In accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, LEDC takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. LEDC also participates in E-Verify.