About Latino Economic Development Center
The Latino Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) is a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status community development organization founded in 1991. LEDC’s mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low- to moderate-income Latinos and other DC area residents by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities. It achieves its mission through small business development and lending, homeownership counseling and affordable housing preservation. LEDC’s main office is in the Shaw neighborhood of Washington DC and has branch offices in Arlington VA, Baltimore, and Wheaton, MD.
About the Position
The finance intern reports to the CFO, maintains the income and expenses reports and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
Major Duties And Responsibilities
- Work with the staff accountants on the day to day, monthly and year-end operations of the Finance Department including financial data entry, filing, and analysis.
- Assist the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions. Maintain paid expense report and allocation report monthly.
- Assist the processing of cash receipts. Maintain a deposit report monthly.
- Assist the monthly bank reconciliation.
- Maintain the Budget vs Actual variance report for specific government grants and departments monthly.
- Scan, copy and file financial documentation.
Qualifications & Skills
- Fundamental accounting knowledge and related courses such as Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting, and Non-Profit Accounting.
- Experience in excel and other relevant software.
- ABILA MIP experience.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good-record-keeping.
- Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
- Accounting, Business or Finance Bachelor or Masters in Progress.
LEDC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer; women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a paid position.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Gabriela Balbuena at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
To learn more about LEDC visit www.ledcmetro.org.