LEDC Synopsis: The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) community development corporation founded in 1991. LEDC’s mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low- to moderate-income Latinos and other D.C. area residents by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities.
The Direct Community Investments Department was created in the wake of Covid-19 to accelerate the grant deployment process for both public and private funders interested in providing direct financial assistance to communities affected by the pandemic.
Salary range: $50,000 - $52,000
Under the supervision of the Direct Community Investments Program Manager, the Direct Community Investments Program Associate provides support in following pre-established guidelines to collect, process, and analyze all required documentation and information required for grant distribution and reporting.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Creating and meticulously maintaining client files.
- Providing our clients with top-notch customer service and technical assistance via various channels, including phone, chat, and email.
- Precise data entry into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Analyzing client documents and information to verify compliance with program requirements, ensuring that all necessary documentation is complete.
- Collaborating closely with the Direct Community Investment Program Manager in preparing and submitting required reports.
- Collaborating closely with the Direct Community Investment Program Manager to support the disbursement process, ensuring that funds are distributed accurately and efficiently.
- Collaborating closely with the Direct Community Investment Program Manager with various other tasks as needed to support the overall success of our programs.
- College Degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to analyze documents for compliance and accuracy.
- Adaptability and flexibility to incorporate updated processes or information.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Problem-solving abilities and the capacity to work independently when necessary.
- Collaborative mindset and a willingness to take on diverse responsibilities.
- Good interpersonal and social skills are needed to interact with customers or prospective clients.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish), able to read, write, and communicate in Spanish.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] . Please put the job title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
LEDC is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. In accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, LEDC takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. LEDC also participates in E-Verify.