LEDC Synopsis: The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) community development corporation founded in 1991. LEDC’s mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low- to moderate-income Latinos and other D.C. area residents by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities.
The Direct Community Investments Department was created in the wake of Covid-19 to accelerate the grant deployment process for both public and private funders interested in providing direct financial assistance to communities affected by the pandemic.
Salary range: $50,000 - $52,000
Under the supervision of the Direct Community Investments Program Manager, the Client Experience Associate will play a crucial role in providing top-notch customer service and support to grant program participants by addressing program inquiries, resolving issues, and ensuring a seamless experience throughout their interactions with the DCI team over the phone and chat box.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for grant program participants, handling a high volume of incoming phone calls and phone call-backs and offering assistance in a professional and courteous manner.
- Answer client questions through the grant customer service chat box.
- Address program-related inquiries and provide accurate information to participants.
- Collaborate closely with the rest of DCI the team to escalate complex matters and ensure timely resolution and follow up.
- Maintain accurate knowledge on internal systems to provide up to date information on participant records.
- Uphold a strong understanding of the program's details and guidelines.
- Develop sufficient functional understanding of all relevant technology tools (Ring Central, Stacker, Intercom, and others as needed)
- Assist with additional tasks, as needed.
- Experience in a customer service role.
- Strong verbal communication skills, with an empathetic and professional approach.
- Ability to handle many tasks and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced office environment.
- Ability to problem-solve and find suitable solutions for participant concerns.
- Patience, resilience, and adaptability in managing diverse participant interactions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite, including Excel and Outlook.
- Strong collaboration skills to work effectively within the DCI team.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with call center or phone-based professional interactions.
- Experience with conflict resolution and de-escalation techniques within customer service.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish), with ability to read, write and communicate in Spanish.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] . Please put the job title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
LEDC is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. In accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, LEDC takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. LEDC also participates in E-Verify.