The Comcast RISE Investment Fund provides monetary grants to help small businesses owned by people of color (POC) grow as they navigate the challenges of the pandemic.
The Investment Fund is the latest extension of Comcast RISE (Representation, Investment, Strength, and Empowerment), the multi-year, multi-faceted initiative launched in 2020 to provide POC-owned, small businesses the opportunity to apply for marketing and technology services from Comcast Business and Effectv, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable.
Comcast RISE is part of a larger $100 million Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative that Comcast launched this summer. In June 2020, Comcast NBCUniversal announced the development of a comprehensive, multi-year plan to allocate $75 million in cash and $25 million in media over the next
three years to fight injustice and inequality against any race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation or ability.
600 grants totaling $6 million will be distributed as
- 100 small businesses in each city
- Each business will receive a $10,000 monetary
- Application period is October 1-14, 2021
- Grants willl be announced at the end of November
- 2021 and awarded in December 2021
- Applications will be available online at www.ComcastRISE.com.
- Be established business operations for 3 or more
- Have one to 25 employees
- Be in the following geographic locations to be
- Houston, TX (Harris and Fort Bend Counties);
- Miami, FL (Miami-Dade and Broward Counties);
- Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN (Anoka, Carver, Dakota,
Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, and Washington
- Oakland, CA (City of Oakland);
- Seattle, WA (King and Pierce Counties);
- Washington, DC (Wards 1-8)
More about the Comcast RISE Investment Fund:
Más sobre Comcast RISE: