Position: Bilingual Housing Intake and Support Staff
FLSA Status: Exempt Position
The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a non-profit, tax-exempt community development organization founded in 1991. LEDC’s mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low- to moderate-income Latinos and other D.C. area residents by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities. We achieve our mission through small business development and lending, homeownership counseling and affordable housing preservation.
LEDC’s Housing Department has two program areas: housing counseling and affordable housing preservation. LEDC is a HUD-certified housing counseling agency that helps families in the DC area to buy their first home and save their homes from foreclosure. LEDC accomplishes these goals by administering DC’s first-time homebuyer program (HPAP), providing financial capability and credit education and counseling, providing foreclosure counseling and technical assistance. Our affordable housing preservation program works to preserve affordable rental housing and prevent displacement of low and moderate income tenants through education, organizing educating and running campaigns.
LEDC seeks a Housing Intake Support and Support Staff to provide reception, administration, data entry, outreach and training support to the Housing Department, and ensure quality service to our clients. The Intake and Support will be responsible for the following:
- Answers all Housing Counseling Program incoming calls – DC and MD offices
- Schedule appointments and provide reminder calls.
- Provide assistance to walk-ins as needed.
- Provide information on LEDC services and referrals to community partners.
- Follow up regularly and directly with clients throughout the counseling process to ensure that information is received and submitted in a timely manner and cases are tracked and documented on a regular basis.
- Data entry into client management system to document and track client contact information and data related to classes and counseling.
- Create bilingual flyers and outreach materials.
- Assist with group workshops and presentations on home purchase, foreclosure prevention and financial capability, and Inclusionary Zoning; offsite and onsite.
- Represent LEDC in community events specific to Housing counseling
- Provide administrative and technical assistance related to housing counseling services provided by housing counseling team.
- Assist in completion of reports for assigned programs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attend trainings as needed related to housing counseling.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure quantity and quality of services provided by the organization.
- Fluent in Spanish and English (written, spoken, and reading)
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years of commensurate work experience
- Customer-service oriented person with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must have friendly, patient and professional manner.
- Energetic and detail oriented team player with a commitment to high quality of service delivery;
- Ability to multi-task, coordinate several projects simultaneously and prioritize deadlines.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel;
- Familiarity with databases and information tracking, a plus;
- General knowledge of the housing market and policy in the metropolitan area.
- Flexible work schedule, including ability to work evenings and Saturdays.
This is a full-time, 40 hour / week position
Salary and Benefits
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
LEDC offers competitive benefits, including a healthcare plan and 4 weeks of vacation per year.
LEDC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer; women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Walda Yon, email@example.com. No phone calls please.
To learn more about LEDC visit www.ledcmetro.org.