Equipping Latinos and other DC-area residents with the skills and financial tools to create a better future for their families and communities.
Working families deserve to live in affordable homes and own successful small businesses, but too many are unable to turn those dreams into a reality. The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a community-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that equips Latinos and other DC-area residents with the skills and financial tools to create a better future for their families and communities. Participants in our programs learn how to buy and stay in their homes, take control of the decisions affecting their apartment buildings, and start or expand small businesses.
Founded in 1991, LEDC has a $3 million operating budget. LEDC's mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low- to moderate-income Latinos and other DC-area residents by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities. Our four main program areas are Small Business Development, Small Business Lending, Homeownership Counseling, and Affordable Housing Preservation.
This senior management position, based in Washington DC, reports to the Executive Director and has four main purposes: 1) to acquire funds for the annual operation of LEDC and its programs; 2) to acquire capital to support the loan fund that is administered by LEDC’s subsidiary organization, the Community Asset Fund for Entrepreneurs (CAFE); 3) to lead LEDC’s capital campaign needs as they arise; 4) to acquire funds to build operating reserves for LEDC.
• Develop and execute an annual fundraising plan for LEDC and its subsidiary organization, the Community Asset Fund for Entrepreneurs (CAFE).
• Identify and implement specific fundraising strategies to build a cash reserve for the organization that will sustain operations for at least six months.
• Lead capital fundraising needs, including fundraising for the completion of LEDC's headquarters renovation
• Plan and execute special events to raise funds for LEDC.
• Supervise LEDC's Development Manager
• Improve tools for tracking fundraising activity and progress , including percentage of support received from government, corporate, foundation, individual, and earned sources.
• Serve as a critical member of LEDC's Executive Management Team which also includes the Executive Director, Chief Financial Officer, Program Directors, and Director of Communications
• Collaborate with Program Directors to ensure successful management of grants and submission of accurate and complete grant reports
• Collaborate with the Executive Director and CFO to develop creative and sustainable ways for LEDC's programs to generate revenue and improve their self-sufficiency
• Supervise reporting of program achievement to donors
• Collaborate with the Communications Director to create marketing and outreach materials for donors, partners and other stakeholders.
• Serve as staff liaison to the Board of Director's Development Committee.
• Assist the Development Committee in establishing annual fundraising goals for the Board and specific strategies for achieving those goals.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and several years of management experience.
• Minimum five years experience in fundraising, including grant writing for government, corporate, and foundation support.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, preferably in both English and Spanish.
• Solid accomplishments in building a diverse donor base and raising funds for operating support and reserves.
• Knowledge of foundation and corporate grant makers in the Washington Metro Area.
•General knowledge of Washington Metro Area and its Latino population.
•Experience developing earned income strategies for nonprofits and/or leading or assisting with a capital campaign effort.
•Knowledge of Community Development Block Grants and other federally sourced grants.
•Knowledge of Community Development Finance Institutions and SBA Microloan Intermediaries.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience plus a full range of individual benefits.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume by e-mail to LEDC’s Executive Director Gustavo Velasquez at email@example.com.
LEDC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.