Housing Counseling Program LEDC is a HUD-certified housing counseling agency that helps families in the DC area to buy their first home and save their homes from foreclosure. LEDC accomplishes these goals by administering DC's first-time homebuyer program (HPAP), providing financial capability and credit education and counseling, providing foreclosure counseling and technical assistance.
The Housing Counselor will provide group training and direct housing counseling to LEDC clients around home purchase, financial capability, rental counseling, Inclusionary Zoning Program, Affordable Dwelling Units, and foreclosure prevention. The counselor will be responsible for the following:
- Provide housing counseling to support clients in meeting their housing goals including budgeting, establishing or improving credit, pre-purchase, foreclosure prevention, and post-purchase education.
- Package applications for DC's Home Purchase Assistance Program.
- Inclusionary Zoning Program and Affordable Dwelling Units individual counseling
- Issue the Income and Household Size certification for the Inclusionary Zoning program and Affordable Dwelling Units
- Conduct group workshops and presentations on home purchase, foreclosure prevention and financial capability.
- Analyze and discuss clients' financial capacity to buy a home and create financial action plans with clients.
- Provide technical assistance related to housing counseling such as submitting and tracking paperwork for first-time homebuyer programs or foreclosure prevention.
- Document and track data related to housing counseling services utilizing Counselor Max and other applicable tools.
- Conduct community outreach for housing counseling services
- Assist in completion of reports for assigned programs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participate in District housing counseling and foreclosure prevention efforts.
- Attend trainings as needed for continuing education as a Certified Housing Counselor
- LEDC has a strong preference for an experienced, certified housing counselor
- Energetic and detail oriented team player with a deep commitment to high quality housing counseling and service delivery;
- At least two years of previous housing counseling experience;
- Ability to work well with others, be a good listener, think creatively;
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as CounselorMax or another database platform;
- Flexible work schedule, including ability to work some nights and Saturdays; and
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
This is a full-time, 40 hour / week position that requires some nights and Saturday hours.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience, plus full benefits and generous vacation.
LEDC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer; women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Walda Yon at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.