Equipping Latinos and other DC-area residents with the skills and financial tools to create a better future for their families and communities.
LEDC is seeking a Development Associate with one to two years of communications and/or fundraising/development experience. The is great for anyone interested in a career in nonprofit development and interested in building their grant writing skills as this will be one of the main responsibilities of the position. The individual will report to the Development Manager, and assist with the identification and tracking of funding opportunities; foundation, corporate, and government (city, county, state, and federal) applications; donor prospecting; tracking individual donations; communicating donor information to communications consultant; and event planning. He/She will be responsible for:
· Grant writing
· Researching funding opportunities
· Maintaining calendar of proposal and grant report due dates
· Maintaining individual donor and grants management databases
· Acknowledging donations
· Maintaining documentation of donations
· Coordinating and tracking volunteers
· Coordinating fundraising events
· Coordinating online fundraising campaigns
· Assisting with annual appeals
· Assisting communications consultant with compiling content for social media platforms and publications
· Track funder reporting for timeliness
Knowledge, Education, and Experience:
Applicants should have an interest in pursuing a career that addresses poverty and/or economic inequality in the United States. A BA degree in a field that lends itself to communications and writing (i.e., Communications, English, Journalism, Creative Writing), research/data collection (i.e., social sciences), or a related field is required. Previous experience (approx. 2 years) in communications or the fundraising field is preferred.
This individual must have:
· The ability to self-start and problem solve in a fast-paced work environment;
· Excellent proven writing, analytical, and verbal communication skills;
· Strong attention to detail and editing skills;
· Experience with social media platforms, fundraising and grants management software (we are willing to teach), and Spanish language skills are a plus;
· Proficiency with Excel;
· Experience with data collection and/or funder reporting;
· Organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines;
· Ability to function either independently or as an active team member;
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule with minimum supervision is also required. Occasional participation in evening and weekend events would also be expected; and
· Manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity.
LEDC is offering a competitive salary (based on experience) and benefits program (health and life, dental, vision). To apply, please e-mail a resume, cover letter and writing sample to Marjorie Nemes, Development Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.