Awards and Accolades
Over the years, our approach to community-based economic development and leadership in the field has been recognized by members and organizations in the DC area.
- December 2016 - LEDC Awarded the 2016 Annual Honor Roll by The Central Baltimore Partnership for LEDC's Expansion of Services to Central Baltimore
- October 2016 - LEDC Receives the "Falcon" Award for Elevating Conversation at the Lending Circles Summit 2016
- October 2016 - LEDC Receives Baltimore's Minority and Women-Owned Business Award
- September 2016 - LEDC Receives Two Federal Awards to Support Entrepreneurs in the Greater DC and Baltimore Regions
- June 2016 - LEDC raises a total of $23,376 on June 2nd for the 2016 Do More 24, winning the 4th Large Organization Award for $1,000, the Lunch Break Award for $1,000, and the Twitter "Selfies for Good" for $1,000
- May 2016 - Marla Bilonick was named one of the 300 Aspen Ideas Festival 2016 Scholars
- May 2016 - LEDC Selected By Citi Foundation's Community Progress Makers Fund Grant Program
- April 2016 - The National Mitigation Counseling Program recognizes LEDC for assisting more than 2 million homeowners facing foreclosures in MD
- March 2016 - Director of Housing, Walda Yon, awarded 2016 Colegio Fellow
- February 2016 - PNC supports PBS Video "Visionaries" highlighting LEDC's economic development work in the city of Baltimore with $12.500
- January 2016 - LEDC Rewarded $3,000 grant from the Yelp Foundation
- January 2014 - Small Business Development Director Marla Bilonick selected for the ELM², Emerging Leaders in Microbusiness Squared Program.
- October 2013 - Co-Director of Affordable Housing Preservation Program Farah Fosse Named 2013 Rising Leader by the Coalition for Nonprofit Housing & Economic Development
- March 2013 - Senior Small Business Lending Officer Christina Stockamore selected for the ELM², Emerging Leaders in Microbusiness Squared Program.
- February 2013 - Director of Small Business Development, Marla Bilonick, appointed to DC Business Regulatory Reform Task Force
- February 2012 - Director of Affordable Housing Preservation, Farah Fosse, appointed to DC Comprehensive Housing Strategy Task Force
- November 2011 – LEDC’s Executive Director Manny Hidalgo Awarded 2011 Meyer Exponent Award
- September 2011 – Small Business Advocate Award, 10th Annual Maryland Hispanic Business Conference
- January 2011 – LEDC Executive Director Manny Hidalgo Receives Appointment to Maryland Governor’s Commission on Small Business
- April 2010 – Chuck Levin Economic Development Award, Wheaton Kensington Chamber of Commerce
- October 2009 – 2009 Excel Award Recipient, Manny Hidalgo, Center for Nonprofit Advancement
- September 2009 – 2009 Hispanic Heritage Award, Erick Gutierrez, Maryland Governor’s Commission on Hispanic Affairs
Want to help us deepen our impact into the future? Click here to donate to help us sustain our work and strengthen opportunities for families in the DC area.